Monday, August 3, 2009

Double, double toil and trouble

After my review of HP6, I mellowed out for a while and then figured that maybe i was a bit harsh on my assessment of the movie. A bunch of hardcore book-lovers had the same lukewarm reaction as i did (mainly because they remembered the story very well), but a lot of people also loved it. It's hard not to love HP - it's visually stunning and there's so much built-in fun with magic and castle-mysteries...but after a few weeks, more people who haven't read the books saw the movie. Here are some questions I got that confirms that the movie was indeed lacking:


1. wait, what's a horcrux?
2. can you tell me what happened after the swirling pool thing...i fell asleep...
3. what happened to voldemort?
4. why isn't voldemort the half-blood prince?
5. why is snape the half-blood prince?
6. what the hell is a half-blood prince?
7. why was harry in a random tube station in the beginning?
8. so, they're not going back to school again?
9. who were those people with draco malfoy?
10. why couldn't they put out the house fire?
11. can you re-explain the movie to me?
12. dumbledore dying was stupid...(ok that's just me)

ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS WERE ANSWERED IN THE BOOK!

I'll conclude this entry with one of the best reviews I've read of the movie - it comes from a 15 year-old boy in high school from Peoria, Illinois (has some typos, but great anyway). Check it out.

0 Comments: