Sunday, July 19, 2009

True Blood: Never Let Me Go

I couldn't help myself.

I've been reading Charlaine Harris' the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Series and it's completely sucking me in (whoops bad pun). It makes me love Alan Ball's True Blood series on HBO even more.

The books are different than the show in plot, but they have the same flavor - gritty, decadent, and most of all, good campy FUN . I feel the heat coming off the damn television it's so hot. Everyone should be watching it - don't get me started on the Emmy snub.
WTH people?

Not going to write synopses or recaps, but I just have to revel in some great moments:
- Jason Stackhouse is awesome. Seriously, this guy invented "game" cause every time he turns around, some beautiful girl is trying to jump him. He also has these wonderful GWB-like expressions that don't even make me mad - it's actually endearing! Like I said - GAME.
- The Fellowship of the Sun represents the next level of evangelism - a Church built on the belief that God wants them to hate others. Thank God Sarah Newlin's hittin' on Jason. He's been too good for too long.
- Why was Sookie wearing a handkerchief dress? Her hair and makeup were terrible. Anna Paquin has unique/interesting features...you can't do that to her and expect people to think she's a pretty gal.
- I can't wait for Eric to come into his character and connect more with Sookie...I CANNOT WAIT. That flashback to his past was very enlightening - warrior looks good on him.
- The whole Maryann thing needs to be resolved soon. She just keeps doing the same crazy stuff and trying to add Tara to some creepy collection she has...this is not in the books, so it's really driving me crazy.
- Lastly, Daphne freaks me out even though she's a shifter like Sam. I have a weird feeling she's connected to Maryann via those claw marks on her back. Best line on a pool table: Nice rack. Best response: Nice balls.

The title of this episode threw me for a loop - reminded me of the Kazuo Ishiguro novel about organ cloning...i wonder. Can't wait for next week's episode where Lorena (Bill's maker) comes to stir up some trouble. Also can't wait for for Evan Rachel Wood to emerge as the Vampire Queen of Louisiana later this season. Sunday's rock.

0 Comments: